For over 25 years, Evaluation and Management (E/M) coding has remained basically unchanged, but in 2021, ten of the most commonly used codes underwent significant changes. The new Comprehensive Guide to Evaluation & Management from innoviHealth will help you master these changes and ensure your practice is getting every dollar it should while helping to protect your organization from payer audits. This incredible resource has been significantly revised for it's Third Edition and includes:
- Major revisions throughout to address guideline revisions, changes to payer policies, and even more clinical scenarios than before.
- Comprehensive information on the updates included in the March 9, 2021 CPT Errata and Technical Corrections document which is retroactive to January 1, 2021. Learn how these significant changes might affect your organization.
- Major revision to the Prolonged Services section to help you understand the new CPT guidelines as well as payer policies
- The new codes and guideline changes to the Office and Other Outpatient E/M category
- An implementation checklist
- A detailed overview of the new E/M components
- Documentation guidance
- Specialty-specific E/M case scenarios
- Auditing tips
- E/M code lists
- Additional print and online resources
Along with the Comprehensive Guide to Evaluation & Management you will receive a set of E/M reference cards that have been updated too! You can quickly reference the new coding guidelines and make correct coding decisions. These two handy reference cards contain a coding matrix for 99201-99215 (Office) and the new prolonged E/M service code linked to it, along with the applicable guidelines.