Medicare requires that you capture specific information about your patients at both the initial assessment visit and at subsequent treatment visits. Gathering the information is only part of the process; you must also utilize this information for patient care and then report this information to Medicare in a format that they understand. The Medicare Documentation System is designed to accomplish this.
Using the Medicare Documentation System will enable you to:
- Collect the information that Medicare requires from the patient using patient friendly forms.
- Accurately utilize this information in the medical decision making process.
- Develop accurate treatment plans.
- Prove medical necessity through functional improvement.
- Objectively prove when the patient reaches maximum medical improvement.
- Report this information to Medicare reviewers in terms and language that they understand
This system uses forms to capture the required information from both the patients and the doctor. The use of forms allows this system to integrate with any EHR that allows customization. The staff can enter the information into the EHR thereby maximizing the doctors effective time.
The Medicare Documentation System includes:
- A manual explaining in detail how to utilize the system
- A CD with all of the forms
- 2 CDs containing 6 recorded webinars.
The webinar topics include:
- Assessment Visit documentation
- Treatment Visit documentation
- Treatment Plans
- The ABN
- Medicare Documentation
- Proving Medical Necessity and Functional Improvement
The Medicare Documentation System will give you the information necessary to defend your patient care decisions to Medicare reviewers.